Wound Care in North Dallas
Physician-directed wound care in North Dallas.
Chronic wounds aren’t just painful, they also keep us from enjoying the people, places, and activities we love. The Wound Care program at Walnut Place restores quality of life for patients suffering from wounds caused by diabetes, poor circulation, and many other health problems.
Sometimes wounds simply don’t heal as quickly as we hope they will. For seniors, this can be especially troublesome because open wounds increase their risk of infection. Not only that, but chronic wounds can also even lead to re-admittance to the hospital if not properly cared for. At Walnut Place, we offer a personalized, evidence-based approach to treating difficult-to-heal wounds of all types.
Our Approach to Wound Care Treatment at Walnut Place
At Walnut Place, we understand that every wound is unique. What works for one person may not be an effective treatment for another. Therefore, we are proud to offer an individualized approach to wound care that not only considers the needs of the patient, but also adapts based on the progression of the healing process.
New wound care patients at Walnut Place can expect advanced, person-centered care utilizing a variety of proven techniques and the latest treatment therapies. Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Negative pressure wound therapy – Therapeutic technique using a vacuum dressing to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds.
- Hydrofera Blue® – Foam-based wound dressing that prevents infection of open wounds.
- Compression therapy – Increases blood flow in the extremities.
- Topical dressings – Full range of proven lotions, creams, oils and sprays specially formulated for wound care.
- Pain management — Medicated lotions, physical stimulation, psychological treatments, nonopioid pain relievers and prescription painkillers.
- Debridement – Techniques include autolytic, enzymatic and surgical sharp.
- Follow-up – Follow-up and aftercare to ensure complete healing.