COVID-19 Community Updates
Protecting Our Community
At Walnut Place, the health and well-being of residents and team members is our highest priority. We continue to take proper prevention and preparedness steps related to COVID-19.
What is Walnut Place doing to prepare for any incidence of COVID-19?
We know that this disease most dramatically impacts older adults — the people we serve. We’ll continue to follow infection control guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as our local and state health agencies.
Last year, we successfully completed a safe and efficient distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine to residents and employees in partnership with local and state health agencies. As new information develops, we’ll continue coordinating with our pharmacy partners and local and state health authorities to provide additional information or updates directly to residents and employees.
We continue to be steadfast in taking precautions to protect the community from the spread of COVID-19. LCS’s newest signature experience, EverSafe 360°, also demonstrates our passionate commitment to providing an industry-leading experience focused on enhancing the well-being, security and safety of residents and employees.
- With EverSafe 360° — the new standard of senior safety — we’re raising the bar to reimagine and innovate the way we live and work together, taking proactive measures to elevate the standard of safety for seniors.
- We’ve established a Medical Advisory Board, which consists of a team of interdisciplinary experts, including physicians and scientists who specialize in epidemiology, mental health, infectious disease, and indoor air quality.
- We’re connecting with our local and state health agencies on a regular basis.
- Anyone who accesses our community, including all team members, are screened to inquire whether they have any symptoms or potential known exposures. They’re not allowed to enter if they answer yes to any of these questions.
- We continue our focus on infection control and prevention, following CDC guidelines.
- We continue to actively monitor and report respiratory illnesses across our organization.
- We’re regularly sharing updated information on COVID-19 with our residents and others in the communities that we serve.
- We have an emergency operation plan in place, should we need to implement it.