Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Walnut Place in Dallas, TX.
Do you have other questions? We’d love to help! You’re always welcome to contact us by filling out the contact form on this page. To schedule a tour of our unique community, call us today at 972-845-8118.
What is Walnut Place?
Walnut Place is a senior living community located in North Dallas, Texas. We offer residential senior living that includes independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and respite care. We’re conveniently located off 1-75, directly across the street from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.
Why should I choose you?
We opened our doors in 1980 and have earned a reputation for excellence in senior living. Our mission is to ensure an enriching life experience for our senior residents. We’re dedicated to quality health services, engaging lifestyle activities, remarkable hospitality and excellent housing, all at a competitive price. Our exceptional staff members work hard to enhance our residents’ quality of life, and many staff members have been with us for 10, 15, even 20+ years, adding to the continuity and stability of our community. We foster an environment of camaraderie, meaningful connections, and lifelong possibilities — values sustained by our residents and caring staff alike.
What’s your connection to Life Care Services®?
Walnut Place is managed by Life Care Services®, a nationally recognized and award-winning leader in the senior living industry. It’s the second-largest operator of senior living communities, with a 50-year record of excellence serving nearly 40,000 older adults in 140 communities nationwide. Our alliance with Life Care Services allows us to implement programs that ensure quality standards for senior safety, employee morale and hospitality, and innovative memory care.
What are the fees at Walnut Place?
No large upfront buy-in is required to become a resident. We are a rental retirement community and provide affordable senior living options with month-to-month leases. The monthly rate will depend on the level of care and type of residence chosen. Our all-inclusive pricing for assisted living and memory care includes a comfortable senior-friendly apartment, most utilities including Wi-Fi and basic cable, chef-prepared dining, use of community services and amenities, regularly scheduled transportation, planned social and recreational activities, and more. We believe in transparency, so there are no hidden fees, and any additional costs are minimal and entirely optional.
What kinds of living options do you have?
We provide a full array of residential options:
- Independent living – Budget-friendly apartments with month-to-month leasing rates.
- Assisted living – All levels of assistance with activities of daily living including personal hygiene, ambulation and medication management.
- Memory care – Specialized care for those with cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s disease. Our memory care neighborhoods include 24/7 care and person-centered social and engagement activities. Residents are supported at all stages of memory loss.
- Rehabilitation – Rehabilitation care facilitates a faster recovery after illness, injury or surgery. This short-term stay bridges the gap between hospital and home and can last a few weeks to a month. Treatment may combine physical, occupational and speech therapies as well as other specialized medical services.
- Skilled nursing – Skilled nursing is for seniors needing greater care while recovering from a hospital stay, or with medical needs that require longer-term care. This 24-hour long-term medical care is provided by licensed nursing professionals including an attending physician, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing aides.
- Respite care – Short-term stays with around-the-clock professional care in a comfortable and secure environment. Loved ones can receive compassionate care and excellent amenities during their short stay. Benefits of respite care can include assistance for a loved one after a hospital stay or during illness, a short break for family members, or needed support when a caregiver is traveling.
Do you accept Medicaid?
We welcome Medicaid-approved patients in our skilled nursing long-term care neighborhood. Please contact our Health Center for more details.
Are you pet-friendly?
Yes! Animal companions of certain sizes and breeds are welcome in our community. Your pet needs to be up to date on current vaccinations, and we require a one-time pet fee.
Why should I move to Walnut Place now?
Research shows that 70% of how you age depends on your lifestyle choices. Adults living at a retirement community with a continuum of care, such as Walnut Place, live 15% longer than the senior population in general. This longer lifespan is attributed to better nutrition and preventive health care, vibrant social connections, increased personal safety and stress reduction.